Wednesday 15 April 2009

Concert at the Barbican


Rivulet rounds of triumphal, orchestral sounds

swirling, leaving air thickened, weightless -
these players and callers of time and timbre, balancing
and nuancing the very grain of my ear-drone. Distance

becomes a kind of texture; movement softer, and
silent like the echo-surge of the hide and seek
children of my brain. A silken chafe of those
quiet things we swallowed too swiftly with talk.

In the bodied, fibrous hum of cellos arrayed against
the flatter crackle of the horns, I am calling to me
your messages and listening for my ways of reading -
stringing limp lines from a memory disembodied now:

All too delicate, they weave my themes in leaves
shaken and released by shadowed thoughts in unlit
rooms alone; rhymes to drape in lines half-hurled
to catch the light cast by this chorus-throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment